Includes high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Paying supporters also get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app.
TEN+ BONUS ITEMS! Uncensored hidden tracks, video, dramatic narrations, a karaoke instrumental, manuscripts, sheet music... plenty of behind-the-scenes material to enjoy (and hate) here! Read below for a full description of the bonus items paying supporters will gain access to.
now to receive all the new
Bryan A. Crumpler creates,
including this release
and 9 back-catalog releases,
delivered instantly to you via the Bandcamp app for iOS and Android.
You’ll also get access to
"The [western] intellectual property rights system and the (mis)appropriation of Indigenous knowledge without the prior knowledge and consent of Indigenous peoples evoke feelings of anger, or being cheated"
Fourmile, Henrietta (1996) "Making things work: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Involvement in Bioregional Planning" in Approaches to bioregional planning. Part 2. Background Papers to the conference; 30 October – 1 November 1995, Melbourne; Department of the Environment, Sport and Territories. Canberra. pp. 268–269
"A poet is a nightingale who sits in darkness and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds; his auditors are as men entranced by the melody of an unseen musician, who feel that they are moved and softened, yet know not whence or why.”
Bysshe Shelley, Percy (1903), A Defense of Poetry, Boston, MA: Ginn & Company, p. 11
"Even the memory of the nightingale's song makes man happy."
Taras Shevchenko, "The Ukrainian Review". Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain, Ltd. 24 September 1962 – via Google Books.
About Native Trailblazer Radio:
For almost a decade, Delores & Vincent Schilling's award-winning Native themed online radio show has been delivering the hottest topics in Indian Country to your desktop, mobile or other listening devices! The Native Trailblazers Show has nearly a million listeners worldwide. Listen in every Friday night at 8pm or any time thereafter in archives.
Cover Art: fake "Native American Style" parchment by Svetlana Parsh
BONUS ITEMS INCLUDE:
1) Radio clip of Delores Schilling's introduction of Bryan Crumpler and the Native Blood challenge.
2) The full, unsensored "Native Blood Project" : the pop/hip-hop/rap songification challenge, "Fake Ash Hit", adapted from and inspired by the poem "Native Blood", written by Vincent Schilling; followed up by an original reading of the poem, accompanied by Bryan A. Crumpler's "Weeping Lament", an ambient improvisation of themes from "Fake Ash Hit", composed for Bassoon Choir, Guitar, String Bass, Auxiliary Percussion & Piano.
3) "Fireside Chat With Muses of the Ancestors" : a dramatic narration of the "Fake Ash Hit" lyrics by Bryan A. Crumpler, set to Indigenous flute music;
4) "Joe & Jesco Racist" : radio clip; an uncut replay of the unsolicited June 9th, 2018 call received at Native Trailblazer Radio while on the air, making clear the belligerence and hostilities wielded at Indigenous, First Nations, Native Americans and BIPOC in today's society;
5) An Instrumental (Karaoke) track for "Fake Ash Hit" from the Native Blood Project.
6) Standalone versions of both "Fake Ash Hit" (Uncensored) and "Weeping Lament" (Instrumental) by Bryan A. Crumpler.
7) A PDF copy of the song lyrics.
8) A behind-the-scenes video revealing the creative process for the rap portion of "Fake Ash Hit."
9) Four high-resolution photos of the original rap manuscript.
10) 8x10 high resolution engraving (PDF format) of the rap manuscript.
Founder of Ahmadeus Beaux-Arts, Inc., a New Lab member company and Composer-in-Residence applying HCI, AI/ML,and BCI Neurotechnology to the art of music & music creation. Specializations: film/concert music & musical cryptography.